Frequently Asked Questions
eHawaii.gov Account FAQ
An eHawaii.gov account lets you take advantage of the state of Hawaii's 24/7 online applications and services. Your account leverages a single sign-on service that is designed for use across multiple eHawaii.gov applications. For more information, go to the About page.
Due to data security some of our eHawaii.gov applications require a strong password. If your current password is not strong, you may be requested to update your password.
If your password has expired after the three (3) month time period, you will be prompted to update your password.
A strong password is one which contains at least 8 characters including a minimum of 1 letter, 1 number, and 1 symbol. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Some eHawaii.gov applications require a strong password.
Please check that the new password entered contains at least 8 characters including a minimum of 1 letter, 1 number, and 1 symbol.
On the Retrieve Password page, enter the email address listed on your eHawaii.gov account.
Then enter the answer to your secret question. An email will be automatically sent to you with a temporary new password.
You can return to your application or https://login.ehawaii.gov/lala to log in with your temporary password and access your services.
Please call our Customer Service Desk at (808) 695-4624 for assistance.
When using secure eHawaii.gov applications, users are required to update their password every three (3) months due to security reasons.
When your password expires in three months, the system will automatically prompt you to change your password upon login.
Notification Center FAQ
The Notification Center is an alert management feature within your eHawaii.gov Account Services that allows you to sign up for and manage alerts for participating services across the entire backbone of eHawaii.gov. The Notification Center continues the Hawaii state motto of "your government - your way", by allowing you to tailor what alerts matter to you and how you would like to receive them.
Notifications are enabled for the following:
DCCA, Business Registration Division
- DCCA BREG: MyBusiness Alerts
- DCCA BREG MyBusiness Alerts provide near real-time business activity monitoring of business registration filings, like amendments, name changes, and more. You'll receive an alert any time there's a change to your business registration record.
- DCCA BREG: MyBusiness Reminders
- DCCA BREG MyBusiness Reminders send a reminder when your Hawaii annual business report is due. After you file, you'll also receive status updates on your submitted annual report.
- DCCA BREG: Trade Name, Trademark, Service Mark Reminders
- DCCA BREG Trade Name, Trademark, Service Mark Reminders send a reminder when your Hawaii trade name, trademark or service mark is available for renewal.
DLIR, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- DLIR: Unemployment Insurance Notification
- The Unemployment Insurance reminder will be sent quarterly (April, July, October, and January) to remind you that your Unemployment Tax form is due.
- RSS Alerts
- Get notified whenever a specific site or service update is available. Information is checked every two hours.
You can verify your contact information from a variety of places within the eHawaii.gov ecosystem. Wherever you access it, the process is the same:
- request a verification for either your email or mobile device
- you will receive an email or text message with a code
- enter the code in the field provided
For email verifications:
- ensure your email is correct;
- check your spam or junk inbox and make sure the message has not been filtered; and
- try adding "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your contacts or trusted senders list within your email client and attempt to re-verify your email address.
For mobile verifications:
- check that your mobile provider is correct; and
- try to re-verify your mobile number.
If the above steps still have not resolved your issue and you are still unable to receive the verification message, then you will need to contact eHawaii.gov at (808) 695-4620 or try our Help Chat service.
Currently the Notification Center will send email and/or mobile numbers to the verified information in your eHawaii.gov User Account. Should you change that data after it has been verified, you will be required to verify the new contact information prior to being able to receiving any alerts.
There are a few exceptions where the mobile provider is not in our allowed SMS messaging partners.
Please update your eHawaii.gov User Account to reflect your most recent information. You will need to re-verify your email and/or mobile number to receive notifications. If you completely remove your mobile number from your eHawaii.gov User Account, you will no longer be able to receive notifications via text.
Please review the list of available providers supported by the eHawaii.gov messaging service. If your mobile phone provider is not in the list, you will not be able to receive notifications via text. If your provider is included in the list, please contact eHawaii.gov at (808) 695-4620 or try our Help Chat service.
To view a list of all alerts sent to you, please access the history tab of the Notification Center.
You can either:
- remove a free* or expired alert; or
- turn off the delivery method for the particular alert.
* Alerts you have paid for cannot be removed until the alert has expired. If you would not like to receive the alerts for a service you have paid for - simply turn off the delivery method for that particular alert.
To stop notifications of alerts that are expiring, go to the Notifications Center, then:
- select the option; and
- turn off the delivery methods.
Available Mobile Providers
- Airfire Mobile
- Alaska Communications
- Appalachian Wireless
- AT&T Mobility
- Bluegrass Cellular
- Boost Mobile
- Carolina West Wireless
- Cellular One of East Central Illinois
- Cellular One of East Arizona
- Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania
- Cellular One Bermuda
- Cellular One Nation
- Cellular One TXOK
- C Spire Wireless
- Chariton Valley Wireless
- Cincinnati Bell Wireless
- Clear Talk
- Corr Wireless
- Cricket Communications
- DTC Wireless
- Element Mobile
- GCI Wireless
- Golden State Cellular
- i wireless
- Long Lines Wireless
- MetroPCS (T-Mobile US)
- Mobi PCS
- Nex-Tech Wireless
- Page Plus Cellular
- Pioneer Cellular
- Pocket Communications
- Simple Mobile
- Sprint Nextel
- Syringa Wireless
- T-Mobile US
- TracFone Wireless
- Union Wireless
- U.S. Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Viaero Wireless
- Virgin Mobile USA
- West Central Wireless
- XIT Communications